Sunday 24 May 2009

Early Morning



The sun is bright, the sky has been blue since four o'clock, and I rise at five thirty. After a disgustingly unhealthy breakfast I cycle along the old railway enjoying the silence, bar the birds of course, and the greenery around me. Returning through empty streets I wander around loosening up the stiffened knees and watch the beginning of life arrive. I was up so early even the paper shop had not opened! There followed the warmest day of the year, so they said. I believe them! I sat for fifteen minutes in the park watching the young mu...birds building nests and listening to their songs, and in that short time I was roasting! Lovely!

Today marked the end of the football season, bar a cup final or two, and I am in need of a rest from football. The emotional strain wears you out by this time, and a rest is required. Now we await new signings, sackings, departures, press speculation (or lies if you prefer) and soon will be looking forward to our next great anti-climax!

Get up early? Good idea but I'm completely knackered now!

6 comments:

Mike Smith said...

Well, Neilson, Karipidis and Aguair have gone. Drive may well join them. And if there are no suitable replacements,expect Csaba to head off too.

Just another close season at Tynecastle...

Da Old Man said...

Football ended a while ago. That silly running around kicking a ball thing that you watch...well, how can you tell when it ends? Aren't most fans asleep anyway?

Unknown said...

Very well said, my dear Crotchety. Very well said indeed.

Adullamite said...

You two can go back into your boxes!

Unknown said...

Did we just get red cards?

Strawberry Girl said...

AHAHAHA you are hilarious :D

You take the guilt away about the whole "Early to bed, early to rise" bit. ;p