It appears my friend and yours, Fly in the Web author of 'The Venomous Bead' site has departed this life.
I say appears, as it is difficult obtaining confirmation from Costa Rica.
Facebook has an option called 'Stories,' items that appear for 24 hours and then vanish. I noticed one of these appeared to have a picture of Fly, along with her husband who died just over two years ago. The writing was of course Spanish and translates more or less 'RIP both of you.' This led me to believe she has passed away.
Her last contact was via email last Tuesday, when she spoke of going to the hospital again. I suggested she moved in as she had been back and forth several times, she did not like the idea, their 'cuisine' put her off. There has been no contact since.
I have left messages on email and on Facebook Messenger, but no reply. I conclude the worst from this.
It will be difficult for Danilo and the family there to deal with the situation, they have known her for many years and have been s part of her life. The administration, the Lawyers, and what else that is required will be difficult for them to work out, let alone the loss. So it is difficult without a phone number to call, or the ability to speak Costa Rican Spanish, to ascertain the situation. It may be we will never know.
Fly, will be buried on the Finca alongside her beloved.
I miss my friend greatly.
que descanse en paz
9 comments:
I am so sorry about the loss of your friend. It is so sad to have to figure these things out when your messages are left unanswered and there is no one to contact. Once again, I am truly sorry.
Kay, Thank you.
That is such sad news, but thank you for posting it. I loved Helen's blog. When she and Leo lived here in France, they lived maybe an hour from here, maybe less, though well before I bought my own house. She knew my neighborhood, though, and was happy that, through me, she had a bit of local news. And if I had dog problems, Helen knew how to deal with them. One day I got it into my head to bring home a two-year-old Irish Wolfhound who had only lived in a kennel. Imagine moving someone from a life in a convent to the Las Vegas Strip and you will have some slight idea of the culture shock poor Sky was dealing with. Helen kept me calm, right through the broken china, the near daily "surely it's okay to poop in the back of the house, we only live in the front, right?" All of it and believe me, that was just the start. And when my liittle Westie died, she consoled me. Helen was a blog buddy, but a very imporrant one. She understood my life, which few people do, and cheered me on, every step and misstep of the way. I will miss her as much as I could miss anyone that I never physically saw. May she rest in peace, with Leo at her side and Danilo in the house, continuing to watch over her.
Such heartbreaking news. I adored Helen, Leo and the "Thugs" as she referred to her pack of dogs. She was stoic, humble and delightfully entertaining. She had posted in late July and as was typical of Helen, she made no mention of failing health though I know she's been in and out of hospital over the past couple of years. I will toast her life with a g&t and read a poem or two of Robert Burns in her honor tonight while trying to write a tribute to her life and what she meant to the many of us who followed her. 💔
P.S. Hope you don't mind, I filched your photo of Helen for a blog tribute. With apologies.
Yes she was a wise woman. Her background, her education, and being a Scots Lawyer in London and East Anglia, and her and Leo's love of animals would help anyone in positions such as yours. Her blog often spoke of France and the foibles there. I do wish we could extract more info, however. I think she will miss people like yourself also.
Tails, When looking at the photo Helen said 'I'm the one the right.' She will miss you and the other respondents also. She enjoyed all the blogs she visited. I knew of her health troubles, though I wrote about her two visits here, the last one when she claimed she could not walk, yet rushed around London with her friend! Some woman!
Thanks. I so appreciate you letting Tom at Reiko's Journey know and he in turn let me know. Helen was such an inspiration to me, as a woman, as a human. I did marvel at her last trip to London where she and her friend bounced around like a couple of young school girls.
Best regards,
Monika
Tails, There was only one Helen. London was shaken for two weeks!
Post a Comment