Monday 2 May 2022

Spider

 
Yet another Bank Holiday, yet another boring day.  
Yet another day to watch lots of mediocre low level English teams, Salford, Newport, Port Vale, Manchester United, struggle vainly in a bid to reach a higher level.
Nothing much else to do bar watch the spider up in the corner.  Esmarelda, lets call her, has been there for  some time now.  I am not sure how long they live for but she has been there years.  Occasionally I sweep away the excess web and it's dead occupants, but mostly I leave her alone.  In the warmer weather she earns her keep by removing lots of flies and creepy crawlies that otherwise would be a pest.  I am grateful for her hard work in this regard.
There are lots of such used webs around this house, as I discovered doing the Spring Clean, well, at least the bits of the Spring Clean I finished.  Some down the back of things which rarely move, others just hanging about here there and everywhere.  There is even one in my wallet.  One or two had occupants of various types, no duplicates to be found.  This is surprising as when they give birth, and eat their mate, the lass spews forth around a hundred young.  
Where do they go?  
I am now checking under the bed.
After that, I am off to check for a ''Dominator Tractor.'  Apparently they are all the rage these days...
 

2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

We used to have spiders...in abundance. Then, discovering open doors and windows, a group of small birds invaded and cleared them out. A nuisance as they trapped flies galore and the birds are useless for this.
I alays thought some M.P.s were odd, but one wanting sex with tractors takes the biscuit.

Adullamite said...

Fly, Love the birds eating your spiders.