Wednesday, 18 March 2015


The weather improved, the ceased, the dark glowering clouds glowered, the chill cut like a knife, but I ventured out into the real world today.  I was out all day and am worn out now.  I have to sort out some 183 pictures before posting so I will do that tomorrow as I am beat tonight.  A good day out was had by all, well by me!  Maybe these pictures will give a clue as to where I was.



Lee said...

I'm feeling beat, too. Actually, I've been feeling this way for the past 10 days or so...but things will be back on the up and up again shortly.

Sleep has been a welcome companion. :)

Adullamite said...

Lee, You poor thing, I hope it passes.

Lee said...

It will, Adullamite. My landlords are away in Orford as I may have mentioned previously...they arrive back here on 28th March. While they're away I keep an eye on their chickens and their cat...feeding the feathered and furry family during their absence. Plus I spend time with Molly the cat, each day, cuddling her and letting her know she's not been totally deserted.

Monday week ago when I paid my morning visit I discovered all was not right with her. Suspecting a snake had bitten her I immediately raced her off to the vet (my suspicions were correct); and there she remained for the following week. I was able to bring her home on Monday just gone...and thankfully, she is now well on the mend. But, it was a very stressful time for me. I was so concerned and worried sick. Many tears I shed. I'm not to blame for what could quite easily have happened when Molly's owners were here...but she was in my care...under my watch...and that upset me greatly.

As I said, she is now well on the mend, but until my landlords arrive back home, I won't completely relax. Suffice to say, Molly is a prisoner in the home. There is no way she is going outside...not on my watch. What they do when they get back home is their business, but until then Molly remains inside!! They've always left a window slightly ajar so she could come and go at will, at all hours of the day and night...but that escape hatch has been closed.

My two cats are never out at night...and are only outside for about 30 mins each morning...and sometimes, like today...not at all.

Sorry for the lengthy missive...but it's to explain why I've been feeling "beat". Other than that, I'm fine. :)

Adullamite said...

Lee, That's very sad. However you ought not to feel guilty when you are not guilty. I can sympathise however as I know what you went through.. I hope all is well now.