Saturday 7 February 2015

Life?



"Life," the man said,"is what happens to you when your making other plans."
Today the plan was simple.  Sleep, buy veg, sleep, watch football, type up the notes, sleep, watch football, sleep.  Easy to write, easy to plan, easy to follow.
Didn't happen!
It began OK.  I slept long this morning, had breakfast, began typing notes when I could read my writing, and then went for the veg.
For a start the weather was still freezing cold, then the veg man who is always there was not there.  Has he been kidnapped or bumped off by the man at the other veg stall I wondered?  This now means using the other veg man who I consider to be a bit of a git or use supermarkets overpriced stuff.  I used neither to save money and will struggle through on frozen stuff.
Then slouching my way home I passed the museum.  A knock on the window invited me in to chat, then informed me the lass on that morning had not turned up as her car was broken and I soon found myself there all morning even though I was dressed in the 'unshaven Saturday scruff' look. 
This threw out all my sleep plans and little typing occurred as the football was on the laptop and priorities indicate football comes first!  I miss the sleep the most!
Now having nothing done that ought to be done, just look at the mess in the sinks, the football was flat, the notes unreadable, sleep unavailable as the dire football kept me awake, and this has not been written yet. 
I did however manage at last to get round all your blogs in the last 24 hours. Normal practice takes me there daily but WW2 is making things difficult.  My routine is gone and my life is falling apart.
However I will not bleat about it.






4 comments:

carol in cairns said...

Sounds like your day was hijacked! Darn ~ don't you hate when that happens? Solution ~ don't eat veg and don't get out of bed.

Kay G. said...

Slouching...you don't see that word very often these days.
You are very lucky to have such good vegetables!

Adullamite said...

Carol, You are so right!
Tomorrow I stay in bed!

Kay, There is a lot of slouching in this place sweetie!

Lee said...

I just cracked up at the Miss Piggy joke! Good stuff! lol

So is pork...I love pork and that ain't no porky!!!

Oh! What a day!