Saturday 22 November 2008

Let's Not Bring That Up Again!



The intention was to make a sausage sandwich rather like the one portrayed above.
It did not take that long, although sausages grill very slowly, and once I had settled down, happily planning the rest of the evening, I realised I had poisoned myself! Now I have little regard for sausages usually as their food content is normally zero, also I have not eaten pig in any form for a long while, yet the first sausage sandwich I make attempts to kill me! I am not paranoid but I do happen to believe the world has it in for me and this latest episode is just one example of the worlds attempts to do me in! The thumb cutting is another and no doubt a poisoned tipped umbrella will be aimed at me within the week! However, weakened though my slender, frail frame may have been, I managed on a rice cake and a coffee until lunchtime, I have almost returned to normality and proper, non- sausage, food has now been taken. Naturally in my weakened state I find it difficult to fulfil my normal Saturday duties so I think I may just lie here listening to Jeff Stelling and the boys getting excited over the football. If I am still alive later I may post properly. I wonder if I called the doctor he would send a nurse.........?

2 comments:

Mike Smith said...

As the packet of Ainsley Harriot's special sausages says 'prick with a fork'

Although that may well be social comment rather than cooking instructions...

Get well soon!

Unknown said...

Perhaps are devout observance of Sharia Law would be good for your health?