Monday 1 September 2008

Monday


After returning from the driving this morning I wandered around to the Dole for my meeting with an advisor. Lovely young lady who discussed the work situation and, like all the best women, threatens me if I do not obey. Shoving info re jobs that will not want me, and which are not suitable for my condition (workshy lazy miserable git) under my nose she 'suggests' I contact them in a manner similar to the Russian security police asking an individual to 'help them with their enquires.' Naturally, because I am nice and prefer to keep all my bits attached I will contact them shortly.

There are times I wish I had ignored the doctors orders and kept the postman's job. If I had realised just how hard it would be to find employment I would have struggled on with the problem rather than this! Age, previous employment, and the knee have gone against me more than I realised. Even the temp agencies were not much fun! So here I am, in some ways quite happy to have so much time, which I waste, but glad also because the stress of daily life was telling on me at work. Funny how I didn't realise how much it affected me until I left. i do not feel guilty about non working, although I do about the benefits, not that I take all I could. I do have the feeling that something will arrive soon. Not like what has gone before but a new life. Mind you, I have 'felt' this before, and I didn't win the Lottery then either. That Friday Lottery was worth £110 million! I bought a ticket and remember the joy when the man in the shop said "You're a winner! Here's you're £8.64! Now buy something!"


I am spending £80 a month, from the credit card, in a vain hope this will help me get work. After touching on the edges of the big town this morning (sorry officer) and wondering whether they needed quite so many mini roundabouts, I wonder if I will ever pass the test! The instructor is very good, he has stopped wearing the crash helmet and is now sitting in the front seat again, and is quite encouraging. However I found the clutch and the gas pedal to be in the wrong place often today. maybe he has moved them?

Still, it is the first day of the month so I am off to have the monthly bath, see you in a few hours.

5 comments:

Mike Smith said...

Workshy, lazy, miserable git - you forgot 'old'...

This will cheer you up - Riordan has signed for Hibs...

Da Old Man said...

Best of luck in your quest.

Not for a job, but in hitting the lottery. I think you'd make a fine millionaire layabout.

Adullamite said...

Mike: Any more of that and I will inform J.net of your music tastes!


Crotchety: I'm humbled by your kind complement.

1st Lady said...

Your monthly bath, my 6 monthly shave of the legs, what a coincidence.

Sort out where the clutch and gas pedal is, and soon enough you'll find the brake is around there too. The instructor must be tiring of all the handbrake turns?

Adullamite said...

Brake?