Thursday 13 June 2024

Disgusted!


Disgusted!
I am disgusted!  I hobbled down to Tesco around 8 am as always this morning, to collect bread and other things, all of which were quite heavy today.  Stumbling back up the road, admiring the flowers on show everywhere, the blue sky, the sun shining, the chirping of the birds which you can hear if you use the back road, I was then disgusted!
As I reached the end of the road a man, about may age, offered to carry my bag for me!
What?
I presented such a picture that he thought he needed to help me!
The knees did ache today, after yesterdays exercise I ought to have remained indoors but required bread, so out I went.  But really!  He thought I was in such a state!  All others just ignore me, so I suspect he is one of the JWs looking for custom!  Pah!


Then I spent an hour having my ears bashed by my sister.  Her husband, now 87, is in hospital having, we think, suffered a mini stroke, with other problems they have now found.  He has shown signs of GaGa in recent months, and spends much time asleep, though since retirement that has always been true, and now we await developments.  A wee bit worrying for the girls, though his granddaughter has no problem with going in an bullying him as always!  The nurses love it!  Who knows what will happen there?


With all this I have not wasted time on the Twitter duels.  I only annoyed one woman this morning, I am so slack today!  I did however, discover Scotland play the opening game in the Euros tomorrow night.  At least that means I can watch this and rejoice at our success.  Maybe...

Bay Evening Jeremy Mann

4 comments:

the fly in the web said...

How did you receive the offer of help, I wonder!
I'm sorry to hear of your brother in law's medical problems...such a worry for the family.

Adullamite said...

Fly, I reacted gently, then pushed him under a passing lorry...
My brother-in-law died this morning, so I have just heard.

the fly in the web said...

Very sorry to hear of your family's loss. Will you be up for the funeral?

Adullamite said...

Fly, There may not be a funeral! Both have dinated their remains to research, so that would end a funeral. Ine niece has taken the paperwork, it has to be done online these days, and we wait and see.