Thursday 21 November 2013

Can Things Get Worse...?



After the soup and other disasters my life has provided I hoped for better today. It rained, it was cold, the potato scones stuck to the pan!  Bah!  Still, it couldn't get any worse could it?  



The bright lights are dimly shining in the town.  More are to be switched on soon, and I have discovered I must help out.  Tsk!  Christmas decorations are not my thing.  Puritan Christmas for me, Bah! Humbug and I do allow Christmas pudding and cake, but that is only because of my need to feed my weak brain nourishment.  Santa and snowmen get shove it!  Did someone start singing "Tidings of comfort and joy" just then...?  



Something not very wonderful about this at the moment.  It needs lights and twinkling ones at that to offer a cheery welcome.   I saw this earlier today when I took the holes in my shoes for a walk, I did not intend to walk, I intended to 'bus' it, but I had to walk because of my dementia.  I wandered down to the bus stop heading for PC World.  Now two bus stands er, stand together. Both operate the number 70.  Both arrive around the same time.  One goes to the right, one to the left.  Simple enough for anyone, if they stand at the right spot. As I approached a bus, number 70, stood standing at the stand.  The word 'Chelmsford' entered my head, on the right hand, busless, stand the notice board read 'Chelms Bus Stn,' so I crossed over.  I stood, I looked around, I wondered at the houses opposite, once housing the better off at the turn of the old century, now sometimes whole houses, sometimes flats.  I yawned and feet shuffled while I waited, as did the others waiting. The bus at the stop moved off, it turned left, the destination board read 'Colchester.'  I stared.  Then it crossed my mind that I ought to be getting on the Colchester bus, not the 'Chelm Bus Stn' one!  My trip to PC World drove away uncaring.  I hid my shame by walking away as if I had remembered another date.  With a doctor preferably!



I'm running away.....

.

5 comments:

the fly in the web said...

I wouldn't mind running away behind one of those glorious kings of steam.....that's a superb poster, too.

You need a decent bite of black bun to put you right....

Kay G. said...

So, this means you missed the bus?
I would feel sorry for you, but the town is so pretty, I wouldn't mind hanging around there a bit longer!
I would go and buy myself a Mars bar and just walk around!

Lee said...

You should have put a foot in each bus!

I'm not into Christmas decorations anymore, either...for me, that is. That others want to do it and the stores, town and cities etc., I think it's fine and dandy. I love seeing the pictures of same.

I stopped putting decorations up a few years ago; probably about five years ago. They only had to be taken down again a couple of weeks later! I ended up tossing them all away.

Carol said...

I can identify with this. Currently buses going in both directions stop at the same bus stop at my place on the same side of the road. But your story was sad ~ you don't need to feel self conscious about things like this. My bus driver thus afternoon didn't stop at the bus stop even though people had pressed the button. Instead feel sorry for the poor bus driver ~ he got abused by a foul mouthed "cow" when he pulled up around the corner safely. Some people have no idea ~ it was so unnecessary to abuse him. So I spoke up and got a mouthful of abuse too. The poor guy, they are doing major roadworks along the route and he had already been stuck in a lane with another bus and traffic backed up behind him only to find the lane went no where because the road had been closed. He had to get out of the bus and redirect the traffic before backing up and taking the new route. No wonder he had a lapse in concentration and missed the stop. It was not the end of the world, and neither was being at the wrong bus stop. Have a great weekend!

Adullamite said...

Fly, Oh Black bun!!!! Oh Yes!!!!!

Kay, You would! The town is less exciting than it looks however.

Lee, Sensible woman.

Carol, I love you!