Tuesday 22 May 2012

Spring Sunshine



I wandered about this morning in bright sunshine and chilly winds.  I came across this bee making the most of one of my favourite flowers.  I like the blue flowers that appear at this time, then disappear for the rest of the year.  Maybe there is a purpose in this?  In the early seventies I watched a Bumble Bee on my windowsill brush the pollen (?) into the sacks on his legs and wished I had a camera capable of taking a close up of him.  Years later I had such equipment but never came across a suitable target!  Today I almost got my wish, although he just would not turn around and face me, too engrossed in his work to notice.  I marvel that this little camera can capture this shot however, digital is so much easier than fiddling with extension tubes!


Not a great picture but every pathway is covered with these.  Difficult to get a proper shot because of the way they lie, but I enjoy the slight aroma that comes along with them.  It rarely puts a smile on those passing by mind you!   


I went out in the afternoon dressed as per normal and was shocked to discover the heat was terrific!  The sun was shining, the sky blue, but it was actually hot!  Shocked was I.  It was so warm I had to return home and remove three of my pullovers.  Jings, Spring has sprung at last!  




.

2 comments:

Vagabonde said...

Your flower pictures are so pretty. I like all three. Sometimes when there are too many flowers it’s hard to make a choice about which ones to photograph. Last Friday we went to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden in New York where there is a rose garden – 5,000 roses in bloom! It will be hard to decide which photos to show on my blog when I write a post about it – I took at least 450 photos!

Adullamite said...

Vagabonde, 450! Jings! Good job it's digital! You have a very good flower blog I see. Good pics.