Tuesday 1 May 2012

The Meeting




It was chauffeur driven to Chelmsford for me today.  Yes indeed a meeting concerning a Great War exhibition, of sorts.  This was the second meeting apparently and as such little had been formed, nothing decided, and it seems to my little mind that is still the case.  A glance around the room at people from several museums, bodies, and interested parties (me) told me that several wished to increase the tempo of the meeting.   Leaflets, websites, educational resources, who do we aim at, objectives, these were some items discussed in a manner that forced me to yawn with my mouth closed.  Funding I knew I would not comprehend, neither did anyone else, and the discussion dragged on leaving me amazed that so many people had so much time to give, and waste. Sadly I am sure they did not have that time and endured for the sake of the project, knowing that speed, direction and result will appear, maybe money also.  The project to commemorate the Greta War is indeed a huge one, but when so many people are coming from differing angles possibly now is the time to break up into small groups and develop differing aspects that way, but I managed not to say anything, just in case I was right.




.

4 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

Sounds like you are right and the project will find its own momentum in time. I'd hope it happened before the end of the next meeting though, but then I am not a very patient person.

Adullamite said...

Jenny, I was getting a bit peeved near the end.

Relax Max said...

You should get your chauffeur to drive you over to some of the battle sites. Not so far. Compared to Texas, at least. Or did they fill in the trenches?

Adullamite said...

Max, Sadly she has al;ready been once, with her son, as her Grandad fought at Ypres. She was surprised that he wrote a reminisce but spoke little about horror and just told it like it was. I would love to read it.