Thursday 6 May 2010

May 6th Voting Day





One thing that annoys me, and I am not one easily annoyed, one thing that annoys me are the people who must always be first in everything! You see them everywhere these days, standing at the front when the sales are on, pushing though the crowd to board a plane first, buying the latest technology or fashion just so this capture can be paraded before the awe struck world, all this for empty pride! It's a disgrace and this annoys me. It annoyed me even more this morning when I went to do my citizens duty and cast my vote at 7a.m and found four such people there before me! Typical! I imagine they got up early just to be there before me!They just had to be first to make me wait while they collected their voting slip, and then watch them vote for the wrong man! It's a depressing sight.


There again while doing the 'YOUGOV' survey this morning I found myself asked, "Who will you vote for" and I had no answer! I didn't want to vote for any of the names, or parties, on the slip. Six candidates from established political parties, no numpties applying this time, although an anti tax on fuel chap was considering this. When I took my slip and entered the voting booth I still had no answer! Six candidates and whatever one I voted for was going to leave me feeling guilty about selecting them! They are all bad, both the individual candidates and the parties they represent. However it is vital we all vote and this I believe ought to be compulsory so at times like these we need an extra space on the form, preferably marked 'Abstain' or 'I reject them al!' I made a selection and have been carrying the guilt all day, and when the result comes through I imagine I will feel no better. This is a poor election and the enthusiasm some have shown is a sad reflection on this nation.







What do you think this drink is made of? 
Will it really be made of 'Birds Nests?



A 'landmark' study has announced the astonishing 'fact' that many of us human beings carry within us the genes of Neanderthals! The BBC report goes into this at some length and it appears some scientists have been surprised by such findings. Of course there are those among us who have had experience of 'face to face' meetings with such creatures, either humans who contained Neanderthal genes, or full blown Neanderthals of a type often seen at Ibrox or Celtic Park. Such beings are easily identified, whether wearing blue woad or green. Look out for them.



1 comment:

soubriquet said...

R.I.P. Screaming Lord Sutch.
The Monster Raving Loony Party was always my favourite protest vote, when I wanted to poke a finger in the eye of each mainstream candidate.