Wednesday 5 May 2010

The Cloud Hanging Over Us All!


Today, the world rejoices, is the last day of electioneering! Tomorrow we go to the polls and choose one or another mediocre failure to lead the nation into the great anti-climax that lies ahead of us. Now I am not one to complain as you know, and I am not cynical in any way, but this is the worst election I can remember, and whoever wins will be a disappointment! Even worse will be a 'hung' parliament (and what a good idea hanging parliamentarians sounds) is also bad. Either winner will chase the Lib-Dems for support and they will encourage daft ideas, not that they could be worse than many already filling our world. 


The futures bleak, and none of this lot will provide the answer!

4 comments:

Mike said...

Graham although you may have been a mere boy in 1979 (I wasn't)there were strong indication then of a HUNG parliament.

Of course history tells us the Iron Lady was elected with a working majority, who you might not know along with other things pledged to rebuild Hadrian's Wall, thus ushering in a period when Britain was once again true great.

No doubt if elected Alex Salmond (surely it should be Salmon given its Scotland and the rivers etc) will try to do the same thus trapping you in a true blue Conservative England :-)

Personally I couldn't give a hoot since they all will continue to tax me as if I still benefited from the welfare state.

Adullamite said...

As I recall 79 was always going to be the old bats victory. But then I was still at school.....

Richard T said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Adullamite said...

Please note comments from those who do not indicate their blog or position will be deleted.