Tuesday 23 June 2009

Foul Mood


I have been in a foul mood today, unusual for me as I am usually so laid back and easy going. However today I am again for a change feeling foul! Everything goes wrong! Tennis dominates the TV, the radio and Andy Murray is constantly referred to as 'British' or even 'English' by TV people. England's racism never ceases! The weather is hot and I am stuck in here typing this, I pick up the yoghurt (spelt Yoghurt!) from the shelf and drop it on the floor (spelt floor!). The brats on their noisy, buzzing, scooters spend far too much time racing past my door upsetting the TV aerial , I awake too early for my own good and am soon half asleep again and cannot get back to snooze level. Memories of nasty incidents from the past keep rising in my mind (ever have this?) , and I touched up the painting this morning and now have once again got paint everywhere! I also got the water bill today and in spite of the fact I am well in regards payment they want to increase the monthly payment! The money grabbing privatised imitation bankers that they are! I would trust a banker more than a utility man these days. Bring back Joseph Chamberlain I say. He may have created an Empire but at least he knew what to do with gas!

Now I am not one to complain but I could list, but refuse to, all the things that have gone wrong in the past few days, however I am too nice. One man somewhere in Belgium has won £12 million on the lottery, why not me? I would put it to good use for the whole world, he will just waste it on himself! Greedy git! The tennis is still continuing, and worse, the sun will shine so the BBC will have this wall to wall for days yet, and who cares? Tennis was only created to make basketball look interesting, and it failed!

Now, after cycling each morning for health reasons I find my knees are aching and the 'Thai Curry House and Takeaway Massage Parlour' will not attend as they are fascinated by the men at the tennis! I would wander out and creak my way over to the gardens and sit and read a book but I cannot be bothered with any book at the moment. No doubt concentration would be disturbed by some ned playing tennis and skipping school. Right! That's it! I've had enough, I am off to drink metal polish and finish myself off. Goodbye cruel world!









er, can anybody lend me some metal polish........

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Would you please define "mess with me" for me? I would also like a clarification on what you consider as being "nice," if you don't mind.

P.S.: Our sainted president is on the TV right now instead of her favorite soap opera. So, my wife is in somewhat of a foul mood, as well.

I offer that information to you in the hope of helping to improve your mood. For I have heard that misery loves company, but I do not know much about it myself. For I have never been miserable a day in my life.

Strawberry Girl said...

Mad rantings today eh? ;D

Don't have much to offer, cept' to say that at least the hoodlums are not scooting inside your house yet (though I wouldn't put it past them), spilled yoghurt feels good on your toes (*Snicker), you could always gather up a bunch of stray dogs and let them loose at the tennis open, and throw paper airplanes at the announcers correcting their assumptions of nationality. MSM lotion feels good on creaky knees. Also feel lucky that your not stuck like one lady over here with a thousand dollar water bill because the utility company decided that she had a 5000% increase in water usage (her bill is usually $30).

Me thinks you've had enough metal polish as it is sir', no more for you today!! ;D

Adullamite said...

F, I'm always 'nice' and don't you forget it!

SG, Utilities companies often try that. One gas company charged a man for the gas used up in the explosion that blew down his house!

Mike said...

Hot I hear you say, unfortunately here in the tropics we still get the tennis and reaching for the TV remote usually brings me out in a sweat.

Walking to the gate to retrieve my electricity bill and I'm lathered!

Which reminds me the water bill is due soon and nows its raining and everywhere is steaming.

Most of which has nothing to do with your post, just my heat fried brain trying to function.

Now usually I can write what I like here and you don't bite, but I notice today you actually responded to two comments- now doubt the heat is effecting you too.

Gerry Hatrić said...

A good game in times like these is to fill balloons with water and drop them on the heads of passers by. Never fails to amuse.

Adullamite said...

M, You can always write what you like here. However I have received orders to reply or I get slapped!

MV, I used to do that when a kid. At least they guy upstairs was dropping them down to me and eventually the place was saturated!
Mum asked "Was that you?" "No!" I lied. SLAP!