Sunday 20 February 2011

Royal Wedding Build Up Post No.2

.

I suspect that you, like me, are suffering withdrawal symptoms when you hear the sad tale of the 1900 invitations to Harry Willie and Kate's wedding being posted to the chosen recipients, and our name is not among them! This is indeed sad. Just imagine being among the two thousand or so (including servants, police, assassins, hangers on, radio and TV men, and fawning royal press corps) sitting through this wedding. Consider the cost of the outfit you must wear, shabby old suits not allowed, the boasting to acquaintances, the small talk with Kings and Queens (and here I don't mean the staff of Buck House), the long drawn out service, the more thoughtful guests whispering to you "Do you have the result of the 1:30 at Kelso?" and boredom faintly showing through the thin smiles on the faces around you. Do you really wish to be there? Thousands would of course, and they are just the folks the royals do not wish to mix with! 

.   

7 comments:

David Macaulay said...

Come to think of it I haven't received mine yet, not a snub surely, cool blog BTW

Unknown said...

Whenever I see a picture of Queen Elizabeth II from back in the 40's, I am shocked by just how incredibly beautiful she was. Be assured that this has more to do with how severely restrained she now presents herself than with how gracefully she has aged. It would be a shame if the same fate awaits the vivacious young Kate.

Mike Smith said...

Weddings depress me...

Adullamite said...

David, I'm sure yours is on the way!

Fish, She was indeed.

Mike, YOUR wedding depresses you!

Relax Max said...

So you didn't get an invitation? I mean, 1900 is a LOT of invitations. Most of us did. Some of us even got personal followup calls when we sent our regrets.

A lot of people think it is going to be televised.

Adullamite said...

Televised? What, and stop all those soap operas.......oh

Anonymous said...

Instead of watching the Royal Wedding, I'll be decanting to a Loch Lomond Island for the day. I'll occasionally stick knitting needles into my tender parts so that I'm not missing out on the fun.