Tuesday 6 August 2024

Anger



I was fiddling with this atrocious picture this morning when I realised it was August!  Why do I not get informed about such changes?  The months are going by quicker than they used to.
However, as I watched the many Farage led riots 'Taking their country back,' by destroying as much of it as they could to show Muslims who's country this is, though they failed to damage many mosques because there were lots of Muslims standing outside protecting them and they, like Farage, Fox and Tommy all ran away.  
The anger is real with many though the intellectual depth behind it is somewhat thin.  One man was heard claiming the pubs and betting shops are closing down.  Quite what that has to do with Muslims I am unsure, though Brexit and the cost of living has a great deal to do with pubs closing.  Betting shops remain open here, at least two in town and possibly one or two elsewhere around.  
Anger is clear, the reasons are not.  Lies offered by the 'Express,' 'Mail,' Sun' and 'Telegraph,' accompanied by Musk's Twitter and bots abounding from Russia, Iran and Israel, have encouraged much outrage.  All are of course lies.
I wondered what to do with anger, especially after informing the referee on Saturday lunchtime my opinion of his performance.  Is this acceptable I said wiping the blade of my Cutlass, ought I to have remained in a more calm and accepting frame of mind?  Ah, I've just remembered where I left that flanged mace!
Anyway, I placed an empty sheet in front of me, looked up 'anger' on the 'You' site, and began to copy and past appropriate verses to study on.   Within minutes, I was angry!  The blasted thing would not copy, then it copied only bits, then it copied too much!  The 'closeness' of the day, not quite sweltering but not cool, made my fingers stick to the desktop rather than float across it.  This ensured things would not link, cut or paste.
Eventually I got it all down and indeed a similar page regarding the word 'Fret.' but by then I was wondering what was the point.  So, I sought an encouraging word, I found this:-

Matt 5:22.  But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, “Raca,” is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, “You fool!” will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Have a nice day...


2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

A cutlass, eh! Things have gone downhill since the days when the ref had to be carried out in the laundry basket

Adullamite said...

Fly, Sad days indeed...