Sunday 27 January 2013

Shock!



The temperature rose!
Rain fell through the night and washed away the snow that had been beginning to thaw, wonderful!  The birds pushed aside the blankets they had been hiding under, removed the scarves and gloves went feeding.  The heating has been turned off, yes no more candles under my nose keeping me warm, half the blankets and coats have gone from the bed and I even opened the windows to get some fresh air, two weeks is a long time with no air!  
Naturally the wind is howling and blowing everything down, but I will stay safe inside, unless the chimney falls off.  Rain and wind are threatened by the gutter press in that screaming manner of theirs, which means it will be normal stuff I suspect.  The sun even shone, the sky was blue, dogs capered in the park, and gritter lorries were seen parked up, panting, in the council depots.    
What a difference sunshine and blue sky makes to the world, especially as the days grow longer and the light hangs around till tea.



.

4 comments:

Mo said...

And the temperature fell again. Well it has here.
Those spammers are driving me crazy at the moment. 300 yesterday

Adullamite said...

Sadly there is nothing for it but to use either verification or moderation. Folks hate verification but it chases spam away. Moderation means deleting anon a lot.

Unknown said...

I must admit that I should be deeply ashamed of myself. For I have not been taking into account just hard cold weather is on you cold-blooded types.

Adullamite said...

jerry, It's almost warm today.