Wednesday 16 January 2008

Weight!


Now look! After Christmas I realised I had once again put on weight. I was touching 16 stone again, and I had dropped at least half a stone before that. So the other day I began the exercises. Walking at least thirty minutes, moving around, doing things rather than just sitting here, eating less and more fruit and veg. Today I not only walked for hours around the market, being barged around by the bullying woman found there, but I also got on the bike for a while this afternoon.
I sit here aching with all the strenuous effort I have put in. I am stretching both legs backwards as I type, and with one hand I am lifting a dumbbell. I know that when I leap (leap?) out of bed in the morning I will be confronted with all over stiff muscles. I did ask that nice young lass at the fruit and veg stall if she would like to help my aching back with some embrocation but she did not seem too keen. I finally removed that melon from my big gob by tea time. Tsk! Some folks are touchy, or not as the case seems to be here!
However, when I weighed myself, expecting to see the little needle slowly roll to the 13 stone mark where it should be, it read 16 and a half stone! After all this effort I am putting on the weight! I think I will start one of those fasts, the type those hermits used to go in for. Sitting there on a pole, high above the world, they sought enlightenment. Personally I think they just got fed up with the local 'Lose weight now! Ask me how!' type folk peddling their lies. The chance of enlightenment seems slight to me anyhow, Jesus appears to have eaten well enough. I am not sure if he wants us to live on bread and water in such a public show anyhow. Eating well and eating less is the only way to lose forty two pounds. The exercise is just good for you. Until that is, the morning after.

2 comments:

1st Lady said...

Well, if your drinking more water that will add to the scale. So, might be water weight? If you're eating healthier but not noticing a scale difference you should at least be noticing an energy difference. I go to the gym and lift weights and half my blooming dresses no longer zip up. Not a problem you have I'm sure. Is this making you feel any better?!

Carol said...

If you start a walking regiment or weight training, you should eat a banana a day because the potassium guards against muscle damage and tearing.

You shouldn't fast off 40lbs - it's not healthy. You'll be weak, dehydrated, and no energy. It's never good to starve the weight off. Instead you should burn it off with cardio. (of course eat right too - protein, starchy carbs and fiberous carbs (green & root vegetables)

Do you have a pedometer? Have you thought of joining a walking club? I'm a member of the Iowa Avenue Walkers - we're just a bunch of geeks who likes to monitor our steps/distance/and calories burned. We have competitions too. Anyway, I was pushing 300 lbs and now this fat chick is down to 273.I'm getting there! If you want more info, go to my low fat blog and check out Iowa Avenue.