Friday 18 January 2008

Bobby Fischer


Bobby Fischer the great chess champion has died aged 64. While sympathising with the loss some have found time to leave a comment on this controversial star.

Should be an impressive list of dignitaries for the funeral - Kings, Queens, Knights, Bishops.....

Will the service be taken by the Bishop


Are you sure ?
You better check mate !

I have one of his old chess sets.
I found it in the local pawn shop

That coffin will take a while to get down the aisle, one square forward and then one to the side.............

Was gonna go to the funeral but I'm rooked

He certainly had a chequered history....

He should be remembered for his services to chess and be made a knight
(or the foreign equivalent).

Tap on the head and shoulders with a sword from the queen

I was in the Treetops Hilton this morning and a a few young lads at the reception reckon they would have wiped the floor with him.


A case of chess nuts boasting in an open foyer!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must have been having corn for meals the past few days, mate, lol! I thought I was bad, but you're the kernel.

redfinger said...

With my humble English, I manage somehow to write a poem on Bibby in a hip...

He ruled the Battlefield,
Led an army then,
He conquered the World,
And left as a Man...

Today exits The Real Champion,
The last move is drawn,
He was not defeated,
no, NEVER!,
Because a Man cannot be so...

I read about him when I was a kid a lot. He was a mystique legend to me, a man of principles who stud up to the State, an undefeated Champ...

rip B.

Gerry Hatrić said...

He was a fabulous chess player - I studied many of his games.

Good Knight, Bobby. Rest in Pieces.