Saturday 8 July 2023

Beer Query


Life is full of mystery.
The doorbell rang, ding-dong, ding-dong, as it does, for the second day in a row.  This is unusual.
I fell down the stairs gracefully and opened the door to a driver, from DHL, possibly the best 'white van man' around, and accepted a box, a box that when lifted revealed that glass bottles were inside.
This, following on from the previous day, when a lassie of Indonesian like origin, proffered a large envelope bag to me.  
Neither had I ordered.
The first contained items originating in Edinburgh, a hamper for my ageing birthday.  A note inside indicated the sender, one I had been warned to accept.
This second box however, contained no information as to sender.  Nothing on the outside, nothing on the inside of the extremely well packed box.  A box that will be re-used come Christmas.
So, having begun a new diet regime, a diet so successful that the other day I ate very little, yet overnight increased weight by 6 pounds!  These later arrivals have not helped.
Last night, the new neighbour knocked on my door.  No-one had shown them where the electricity meter was!  To ask, she offered me two cakes, of outstanding quality, from the shop where she works, I could not refuse.   I had one for breakfast, this lasted me for a good while.
Strangely, the weight has lessened!
However, the four tempting bottles of beer, standing over there offering to increase my weight and kill my brain, are still unaccounted for.  I mean, who sent them?  The family have not replied, it is Saturday I suppose, but I remain in the dark as to the origin of the booze.
I confess, remaining in the dark is not unknown in this dwelling.

2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

It must be someone who knows you like beer....that should narrpw it down a bit...

Adullamite said...

Fly, What do you imply....?