Saturday 4 August 2012

Caught Ya!



As I emerged from my late morning nap I espied this gent scribbling a ticket for the folks in the car here.  I am wondering what went wrong here?  Did mum break a traffic law, or did young son fling stuff from window?  I'm hoping it is a ticket for stopping on double yellow lines to collect brat from Skatepark.  I think she has done this before and has paid the penalty, and on a busy Saturday at that!  Well done Mr Polisman,  that happens too often and needs to stop.  The horn blowing and traffic congestion is a pest, well done sir!  


He looked pretty chuffed with himself afterwards, possibly his first £60 ticket I expect.  Good idea putting cops on bikes, lots of lonely pathways around here.  Had I been better clothed at the time I may not have had to snap through the closed window, hence the reflection, but had he seen me I may have got a ticket, or worse!


The football season restarted today, and naturally the Heart of Midlothian began the season with a two nil victory over St Johnstone, as I foretold,  and at this moment sit proudly where they belong at the top of the table.  Excuse me while I gloat a little.....




.

3 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

Cops on bikes with the power to issue tickets can only be a good thing. It's taught one friend of mine not to cycle on the pavement, but it was rather hard cause she was only doing it for a minute to cross from one road to the next. Whereas I was nearly run down by a yob on a bike on the pavement and nobody has obviously stopped him.

Yesterday turning into the Westway in London at 10.30 pm an idiot with no lights drove up in the wrong side of the road weaving in and out of the oncoming cars. people like that are taking a risk with themselves but also can cause accidents as drivers take evasive action. Where were the bike police then, I asked myself.

(The guy is probably dead now, I assume it was a suicide bid)

Relax Max said...

Was that all there was to the "Hearts Greates Games" post?

Adullamite said...

Some London cyclists have the London disease! We all use the pavements occasionally but wisely I hope. Dafties need to get a life before they lose their's.

Max, Atheist!