Thursday 11 September 2008

Joke


I was testing the children in my local Sunday school class to see if they understood the concept of getting to Heaven. I asked them, 'If I sold my house and my car, had a big garage sale and gave all my money to the church, would that get me into Heaven ?

'
'NO!' the children answered.

'If I cleaned the church every day, mowed the garden, and kept everything neat and tidy, would that get me into Heaven?'


Again, the answer was, 'NO!'

'Well, then, if I was kind to animals and gave sweets to all the children, and loved my wife would that get me into Heaven?' I asked them again.

Again, they all answered, 'NO!'

I was just bursting with pride for them.
Well, I continued, 'then how can I get into Heaven?'

A six-year-old boy from Glasgow shouted out,
'YOU'VE GOT TAE BE DEID DAFTY!'

1 comment:

Donnie said...

I really enjoyed reading your blog. Thank you for the visit as well...