Thursday 6 June 2013

It's STILL Summer!



Unbelievable!  The sun shone once again today, and I was too hot walking home this afternoon! Jings, crivvens, and help ma boab!  Who would have thought summer would last three days?  There are rumours it may persist further, but I will wait and see for myself on that one.   So it's time for long cold drinks, sitting in the light, feeding the birdies, and watching the girls pass by the swifts fly overhead.  Lovely Jubbly and someone once said.


I spent a couple of happy hours at an informal gathering of volunteers at the museum in the afternoon.  Much the usual kind of 'get to know you' sort of thing, with a huge slice of chocolate which fell onto my plate by mistake.  We met in the Victorian Schoolroom, used by a lass who terrifies the kids with a practical demonstration of Victorian schooling.  They usually hate it!  The desks are just like the ones we used, and probably were in use by the time the school closed in 1990.  
A jolly time was had by all and then I noticed the box full of dirty plates had been placed beside me.  Hmm I thought, I've seen this done before!  I collected said box, to aid the feeble woman by carrying box to kitchen, the woman's place.  Suddenly I found myself alone, the door closed and my hands in the bowl!  Next thing they were all saying goodbye and I was up to my neck in washed cups.  
It happens every time!


Sunshine, blue sky and occasional cloud.  Good innit?


.

9 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

Well, I don't want to put a damper on anything but you are rather tempting fate mentioning it aren't you?

Sometimes, I dream that in another universe, ALL English summers could have some sunshine and how lovely it would be. The difference is that I am actually awake now. It makes it hard not to be happy.

Unknown said...

Alas, a well-domesticated lad is indeed hard to find, but one must do with what is available. So, keep your upper lip stiff, and make sure no lipstick stains remain on the edges of the cups!

the fly in the web said...

They know you're good hearted, that's the problem....

alan1704 said...

Happiness is sunshine and a clean cup, well perhaps not the clean cup!

Lee said...

That's what you get for eating that chocolate that just happened to fall on your plate!!

At least you ended up with clean hands, free of all remnants of the errant chocolate!

Mo said...

It was too good to last

Adullamite said...

Jenny, I think this is par for the course, just a bit wetter!
The sun is still here for now.

Jerry, Non remain after I wash dishes.

Fly, Say NO! to drugs!

Lee, I was too fat to run!

Mo, It's still here!!!
For now....

Gerry Hatrić said...

I like the cloud photo. Stunning.

Adullamite said...

Bob, It is innit.