Saturday 24 September 2011

Misty Dawn

.


The best part of this Saturday was the sight of mist rolling, cloud like, across the park. Dragging my bulk from the bundle of rags that for a bed I strolled out to take pictures.  A few moments later I returned and put some clothes on and tried again.  As luck would have it the mist was rolling away southwards which meant the park was being bathed in bright sunshine and high above the sky was increasingly turning blue.  The only thing to do was saunter around and hope the exercise would wake me out of my slumber.  As I sauntered I noticed how the mist was gathering over the town centre.  I headed that way and grabbed a couple of shots where the mist hid the run down appearance of one of the grubbier streets.  The houses are not actually bad, and the people whom I have met are indeed fine examples of decent humanity but the actual road is somewhat depressing itself.

  
I wandered around and ended up back in the park where the local drunk stood talking to the park in the manner he usual  keeps for the town centre.  Poor man, his head was blown away by drink and drugs long ago and now spends his days drinking himself into Hades.  What state his liver is in I hate to think.  We all talk to ourselves but not usually loudly amongst crowds in the busy Market Place. I pictured him from afar but fell some guilt.  I am not keen on 'candid' shots as this appears to me to be an intrusion.  However it did look a good opportunity, although I am not sure if he realised what I was doing or not.  


The bright weather that followed the removal of the mist by the suns heat was followed later by some of those big dark clouds that fill too many Autumn days.  Still, pics are possible here also, if the battery in the camera does not give out!  




.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you did him credit! My favorite. Wait...is that...no couldn't be. Nice job.

red dirt girl said...

I like those misty shots. Makes everything look ethereal and beautiful, yes?!
xxx

Anonymous said...

These wee vignettes you do are great Dully.

Stopping, thinking, empathising, observing.

Good qualities in a person.

Adullamite said...

Leaz, Thanks, er, wot dya mean is that....?

RDG, Just like you dear.

Rab, Thanks Rab....what are you after....?

Unknown said...

It is feeling like the weather is serious about turning into fall around here this morning, but be assured, it is just a tease. For we often have some of our most miserably hot days in September. Oops, I just looked at the calendar, and September is just about over. So, never mind.

A. said...

Wow! I do love those shots, especially the one with the light coming through the trees.

Adullamite said...

Fish, Deep mist today, too dull for pics. Yet they expect high temperatures later!

A, I admire your taste....

Amanda said...

very atmospheric shots

Adullamite said...

WDS, Indeed.