Saturday 1 March 2014

Daffs



The daffs were looking good this afternoon, allowing the sun to offer them sufficient semblance of heat to pretend Spring was around the corner.  The sky once again offered a lot of blue, as did most folks faces as the cold wind ignored the sun and chilled us to the bone.  
I was up early as my luck was in as usual.  My luck being the need to iron shirts last night as all had been through the wash.  My luck showed as I began the first, the iron died!  I knew it died as the steam stopped steaming and the smooth iron became sluggish and a slug like trail appeared on the garment. Experiments soon proved the beast was dead and this morning I wandered in the sunshine to Tesco before the crowds gathered and splashed out £5:50 for a luxury new one. Now I have several weeks worth of shirts (five) without once asking help from a female.  The answer I usually receive is not worth offering here.

Tomorrow rain is promised all day, hooray.....  



.

7 comments:

Lee said...

You only say that because you have no female to help you! And even if you did have, when asked to do your ironing for you, she'd probably say: "Pfftt! Do your own!"

I gave up ironing ages ago; and I bought a new iron ages ago - it's still in the box it came in.

All the clothes I buy these days do not require ironing. I can think of few chores worse than standing over an ironing board, ironing. It's a waste of good time.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I'm one of those women who would say "Pfftt!", Adullamite...but you already knew that! ;)

Carol said...

It is funny (not) how the iron always decides to give up the ghost when you need to iron something important, and have nothing else to wear. Men should know how to wash and iron ~ they can't live with their mothers forever can they?

the fly in the web said...

You seem to spend a lot more time ironing than I do...but then it would be difficult to spend less time....

Adullamite said...

Lee, Asking you to iron would bring more than 'pfft' I expect!

Carol, But surely mums can travel t iron for their sons....?

Fly, Only when required.....

Carol said...

A-man ~ not this Mum :)

Lee said...

I was putting it politely, Adullamite...as politely as I could...you should feel special that I did! ;)

Adullamite said...

Carol, Tsk!

Lee, I feel special!