Monday 26 November 2012

Specs




An enjoyable shopping experience recently.  After six years I managed to get round to checking my eyesight and obtaining new glasses.  The people at Specsavers managed to appear both interested in the customer, competent, and friendly at the same time.  Quite how they manage to keep this up while dealing with the public I fail to understand, but the girls here did so very well.  So well did they do their job they almost appeared genuine in laughing at my quips!  I did say, almost.  So once again I find myself struggling to get used to new frames as I wander about.  At least there is little difference in the lens so I do not fall over steps as I used to do with new glasses, lampposts are safer also.  I must say the staff did impress me, no wonder they refused my application for a job a while ago......

.

7 comments:

Lee said...

My ex got caught a couple of months ago...big sale on glasses...so along he went...the lens were cheap, but they wanted $300 for the frames! lol

Specsavers are obviously world-wide...they see fit to be down this way, too! :)

A. said...

You must go to a different branch of Specsavers....

Unknown said...

With or without new eyeglasses, you can take solace in the fact you are a spectacle!

Jenny Woolf said...

Went into specsavers yesterday in London and you are right, they were really friendly and seemed interested. Though how anyone can be interested in peoples glasses I don't know. Specially when like us, we only want the cheapest ones.

Adullamite said...

Lee, Ah yes, always read the small print, which is too small to read!

A, I'm sure I saw you pass by....

Jerry, I view you through a prism!

Jenny, They must be well paid....

red dirt girl said...

It's the fear of the 'Mystery Shopper' that has them all so accommodating .....

xxx

Adullamite said...

RDG, I think many shoppers around here would be a mystery......