Wednesday, 16 September 2026

The Club Night

Monday night saw a few from the Kirk meet for a man's meeting.  That is, a drink at the club.  A decent quiet place on a Monday usually, so we get together and repeat the same old stories from last month, and the months before...
I call it 'Last of the Summer Wine,' as it remnds me of the old men in the programme, they are just as daft here.  One or two consider themselves to be the wise one, they regard me as the scruff!  So does the barmaid.  Tsk!  This is a good place to meet friends, I sometimes find it repetitive and boring, but I of course I am the youngest.  It has to be said they contest this, though they have the lumbago, not I!   
We debated little that night, and there was no war as to who the peanut bags belonged to, nor did we get into a fight re migrants.  This is because it was me against the English Imperialists who still think, at the back of their minds, that Brexit was to bring back the empire.  It didn't, it killed the nation, and now they have no ideology to follow as they do not wish to be associated with the far right 'white' gangs, yet they have a leaning that way also, one they wish to keep quiet.  I of course oppose all this.  
That time I wore my 'Scottish not British,' T-shirt brought out the worst in some of them.  Had it not been for an opportune intervention by the barmaid slapping everybody down the place might have been raided by the police.  I think I upset them...
However, they are friends and I like them.    
Of course if there is football on I do not go to the club.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

All commentators must have a view-able site.
Anonymous will not be published.