Thursday 18 January 2018

Thursday Drivel...


After a year of almost constant bugs bugging me I now find myself somewhat free from them for a moment.  This is great as I am able to write drivel on here and research dead men with a degree of enthusiasm that had long since departed.  I even began tidying the house, replacing things on shelves they have missed for months and putting away dust covered items that ought not to have dust anywhere near them.  I am even contemplating cleaning the oven!  Now that doesn't happen every year.
Of course I still have the fridge to do, paint the bedroom, fix the tiles, and a thousand other items that required work months ago but they will be done, if the weather warms up and there is no football to watch.  How lovely to be almost fit.  Indeed I have done more exercise in the last two weeks than done in months before this, I am almost beginning to feel better about it.  Naturally much of it is not helping my knees get me up the stairs, that requires different exercises that I must add, later I think...


Stumbling through Sainsburys ignorant and cretinous customer base today, I had to go there for items only they stock, I remembered the coffee had run out.  So the choice was which of the £3 bags to buy, I am now hooked on real coffee for a while, and there could only be one choice, Costa Rica!
Grown in the 'Tarrazu' region it is claimed by 'connoisseurs to be one of the best coffee growing areas in the world.'  Doesn't it say that on all the packs?  Just asking...  Whether it contains 'Milk chocolate and floral notes' I am not yet sure but it is smoother and less bitter than the Italian and Ethiopian coffees I had before.  This will bring me into the world tomorrow morning and if it doesn't work I will send it back to the Tarrazu mountains. 


Something exciting is happening, a French bloke is seen taking the salute alongside Mrs May, has she gone over to the other side?  Did I miss something in the news?  If she joined the anti-Brexit mob it is likely it would not be printed in the right wing press, they like to keep that sort of thing secret.
Maybe we are going to war with Trump?  I must check twitter...

7 comments:

Suza said...

So Beautiful to See the glittering raindrops. Very nice

the fly in the web said...

You made a good choice. Tarrazu grows good coffee...normally shade grown and certainy at altitude...
A lot of the plantations have kept the old fashioned arabica plants...so tall they are a job to pick, iffy in production, but super results when properly processed.
If ever you see coffee from the Dotas, that is one stage better...but not much gets exported.

So Macron is promenading in the U.K. is he? Given his penchant for dressing up I wonder he did not wear a Beefeater outfit...

What is the Army coming to...saluting a Frenchman....

Adullamite said...

Suza, Rain makes good pics.

Fly, Aye it's no bad at all. This has to do with the French wanting our helicopters in Mali so they are replacing our men in Estonia. EU at work...

Lee said...

People bug me...

Adullamite said...

Lee, I know the feeling.

Jenny Woolf said...

Like the way the raindrops are lit up. I have not thought of photographing them in dull weather before, I always look at them flashing rainbow colours and try to get that without success. But my efforts might work better if I take them in less flashy weather because then you get the tones showing up more accurately.

Adullamite said...

Jenny, You often see raindrops against dark backgrounds, it depends on how the light hits them.