Friday 3 July 2015

Another Exhibition Opens



A quick snap of the applause at the opening of another exhibition.  This one concerns the district during the war and how the people reacted.  very interesting, bits of old B.17s, Yank uniforms, diaries, notebooks and memories of those who grew up at the time.  We even had one German POW who stayed on after the war and married as did one of the evacuees who also was there.  This area is better than bombed London right enough.  Lovely to talk to so many people, naturally I landed myself with some work, and I was exhausted listening and talking to people.  Normally I just ignore folks.   I did begin the evening with a glass of Elderberry wine.  I mentioned that it was somewhat weak and later was informed that had been the water jug!  How weak can you get?
Walking home in the still evening air I passed the rear of the local takeaways. The aroma of curry, the best in the area, now will not leave me and I am sitting here hungry again.  It's no fair!
Now I am taking my 16 stone hulk to bed and find something mindless to read.
And why is it no-one phones and the one night I am out the message is left on the ansafone?
Bah!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

I imagine you never dared dream of becoming an exhibitionist when you were a young lad. On second thought...

Lee said...

Be grateful no one rings, and that when they do, it's when you're not there. They were probably reporting that they'd heard someone howling at the moon and were wondering if it had been you.

Are those folk looking at an exhibition or are they looking at you making an exhibition of yourself?

soubriquet said...

Urrrm, well I was just informed it was your birthday... Not much point wishing you a happy one, then? Had I been there, I'd have made sure you had a bit more cheer, and maybe a good curry. My brother-in-law, recently visiting, brought me a good Jura malt, which I can recommend if you're in the doldrums.
Here in the U.S., 4th July celebrations approach, I'm not a flagwaver by nature, and consider all forms of patriotism somewhat irrational, but it is quite fun to observe, in my guise as an undercover social anthropologist.

the fly in the web said...

Your museum is a hive of activity...no wonder you are always tired.
Slip on your luminous sweater over your pajamas and go and get yourself that curry.

carol in cairns said...

Adullaman ~ Even I can make an easy curry with some sausages and a curry recipe base. It might not be as good as an authentic Indian curry that you Brits seem to love. Am I right in saying that the curry is considered your national food now, over fish and chips?

Adullamite said...

Jerry, Can I remind you AGAIN I am NOT on exhibition, I am not an EXHIBIT!

Lee, Grrrr see above....

Soub, Greetings welcomed! I had a small miniature of 'Isle of Jura' 25 years ago and have been saving up for a bottle since (around £30) now. Good stuff.

Carol, You made me wonder so I asked and found a result. I myself will be having whatever is in the fridge myself.

Adullamite said...

Fly, I might treat myself if I save up for one.