Wednesday 3 September 2014

Family



I had an enjoyable few hours today when my highly talented, intelligent and best looking niece came to visit.  The preparation for this visit meant a Spring Clean of course, I think I need more than a weeks warning if that is required, and by the time she arrived the fumigation was almost complete.  
How lovely to see her again, the only one that visits me.  This she does because they are hundreds of miles away and she is convinced I have boxes if used £20 notes under the bed.  I saw her looking but she was most disappointed!  The lass makes her living by pursuing her talent as a classical accompanist, and very good she is too!  Her musical talent came from her dad, he used to play the wireless! She is also available for work if you have money suitable employment available.
Having received my orders for a new diet naturally I ruined it by feeding her properly, including too much strawberries and cream.  Certainly too much cream on my plate but still some left for tomorrow....  The diet starts again tomorrow.
What with cleaning, scrubbing, hoovering, opening windows to let in air and then entertaining the lass by asking her to make my mobile phone work, making her visit the museum, I had little time to look at the world, but it seems to be the same as usual.  It is surprising how the world continues when you ignore it.  Now I am too knackered to care.  All this eating properly is taking my energy from me, and there is not much to begin with.
Bah!


Did you also know the Second World War began on the 3rd of September 1939?

.

7 comments:

Carol said...

I am sure the visit uplifted your spirits Adullaman ~ and to lash out on strawberries and cream! yum. I hope the visit keeps you buoyed for a little while.

the fly in the web said...

Good of you to spoil your niece...no ownder she comes to see you.

Adullamite said...

Carol, Wheesht! Don't tell the nurses about the cream.

Fly, Her annual visit!

Unknown said...

Alas, no one ever comes to visit me. Arlynda keeps insisting that one should take a bath more than once every other decade, but I change clothes at least once a month!

Adullamite said...

Jerry, That seems fine to me. Possibly she is keeping folks from the door....?

Adullamite said...

Lee, You wash strawberries? Now you tell me....

Adullamite said...

Lee, somehow I lost your comment, I answered it and it disappeared!

Strawberries are in season here at the moment and I'm making the most of it...sans cream. I just eat them as is straight from the punnet...washed first, of course. I love love them - I love all fruit and eat loads of it! I'm about to make a fruit, raw nuts and seeds juice in my NutriBullet as soon as I finish this comment. Yum! Yum!

It's great your favourite niece came to visit...you're obviously her favourite uncle...$20 notes under the bed or not! :)