Sunday 9 March 2014

Spring is in the Air.



I am beginning to believe that Spring may actually be on the horizon.  Yet another day in which the sun shone and blue sky appeared overhead.  The kids football this afternoon took place in the sun with the wind bringing warm air instead of the usual chilly stuff.  People were seen
wandering about like Englishmen do in the sun, tee shirts and dark glasses, carrying drinks bottles and driving cars with the hoods down.  Actually they were doing this yesterday also but the wind was chilly and they were so busy being macho they did not notice.  I expect the horrid sight of men in shorts, fat men and unsuitable fashions, to appear soon.  

  
This weekend saw cup ties in both Scotland and England.  The fantastic benefit of televised games, once frowned up by the authorities, allowed me the dubious pleasure of watching well wrapped up highlanders in Inverness enjoying the rain and a five nil drubbing, all of which was their own fault, by Dundee United. I followed this with the first half of Hull City v Sunderland in the sunshine. Once again England keeps the sun while Scots get rain, it's a disgrace!  i got fed up with the quality of the 'best league in the world,' (@English media) as I was falling asleep so I went out on the bike for half an hour.  How nice to trundle around in warm air.  How nice to discover life was worth while once again. Life appeared even better when I discovered the second half of the football was on the one hour delayed transmission site, and joy abounded when I saw Rangers were losing to little broke Albion Rovers.  Joy was disturbed when later it was found that Rangers had equalised by scoring a goal with a BLATANT FOUL! Here we see the power of the club.  Had that happened anywhere else a foul would have been given, but with the ref afraid to be hammered by the authorities pro-Rangers bias he put his job before the foul and stole the glory from one of the smallest sides in the nation.  Disgraceful!  I expect however the Glasgow media will not see this that way.



.

6 comments:

Lee said...

Spring is definitely in the air up your way, Adullamite...I can sense it in your step; the way you sat watching the football; in the bounce in your bicycle tyres, and in your words.

Jenny Woolf said...

I keep having to pinch myself when I see all those spring flowers. They're not wishful thinking. They are real!

the fly in the web said...

And I sent the afternoon chasing two escaped guinea fowl with the hindrance of several excited dogs under the direction of Higher Authority from the balcony..
No...left...down in the gully...no, you're too slow...look, one is in the tangerine tree...too late!

I think you had the better day, somehow...

Adullamite said...

Lee, There was certainly a bounce in the tyres.....

Jenny, Your trip to Greece, if it goes ahead, will be great in Spring.

Fly, Oh how I laughed, er no I didn't obviously....

Carol said...

I thought I left a comment the other day to say I liked the arty fart photo through the wire fence ~ but maybe I didn't. Now I have.

Adullamite said...

Carol, No you didn't, now you have!