Wednesday 29 January 2014

Nothing Day Again




I have nothing to say!  The day has been filled with torrents of rain hindering my attempts to walk the streets looking for lost coins so instead I did the washing.  Now how do you make that sound interesting?  You shove it all in the machine, and leave it for an age while it whirs round, remove the sodden pile and hang it up somewhere.  There it remains until dry, or kind of damp I find, and gets ironed (ha!) later.  There, that's interesting innit?  I paid a debt, bought milk and cheap cheese from Tesco, froze while crossing the park, and warmed my feet on the heater.  
Can you take much more of this?  I can't.
There is a pile of things to do noted on the recycled pad beside me.  In fact I just remembered I did one of those.  Mince!  I made mince, with veg, and it sits cooling on the hob.  The taste will be interesting when I get round to it.  Not quite sure what it will taste like, cooking is not so much a boring necessity, it is an experiment!  Who knows what that brown mush will actually be flavoured by?  
The rest of the 'to do' note glares at me.  Rather in the way women often glare when I say things. It is not an unusual glare, at least I often come across it, like that time I used the word 'fat' to a group of women awaiting the arrival of the woman from 'Weight Watchers.'  Man glaring in unison!  They had reason to use that diet organisation however.  
Indeed I was so lacking enthusiasm for anything today I looked up the 'Daily Mail' to see if the world had changed, it had not.  No news of anything important but lots of terror, death, outrage and fear, usual stuff then.  The real world had little news either, repeats of floods, Syria and the like but nothing new to excite pressmen.  The fact that Liverpool easily defeated Everton last night, that Manchester United also won and that the Heart of Midlothian play tonight was all pushed into second place in the 'Sport' section of the 'Today' programme on Radio 4 this morning.  Why?  An England team had won something!  It was merely cricket, and worse just a bunch of lassies winning, but to Rob whatsisname et al this was important news!  Tsk!  Some folks have no understanding of reality I say.
Possibly my feeling a bit light headed today may have helped my lack of interest, it certainly has resulted in two burnt hamburgers, mash spuds and beans for tea, and possibly an early night is called for, after I have listened to the Hearts game on the radio that is.  

Right, let's clean up this dinner....


 
   
.

10 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

Perhaps it's something about the air pressure. I feel like that today too. In fact I felt so flat and grey that I made some supposedly healthy cookies and ate 4 of them, not the thing to do when you're on a diet, however healthy they were supposed to be. And anyway they are not healthy.

Adullamite said...

Jenny, Oh you do make me laugh! I am reminded of the night nurse around 1978 who I found in the canteen eating a whole box of 'diet biscuits.' "I was hungry," she said!

We will feel great tomorrow.

Lee said...

You certainly had more than nothing to say about nothing. Not much of an ado about nothing, though.

I bought some milk and cheese yesterday, too, but unlike you who bought nothing much else I bought much more, but I bought nothing I didn't need.

And now I have nothing more to say....

Carol said...

I almost used that same cartoon the other day A-man ~ and then something happened here ~ or did it? I don't remember.

Adullamite said...

Lee, I'm glad you have nothing to say as otherwise you may well have gone on about it. Instead you just said nothing.

Carol, Nothing happened, you didn't use it, you were having a dream.

the fly in the web said...

Just at the moment I could do with a do nothing day.

Two ewes dropped twins; one has mastitis in one teat the other will not allow the lambs to feed.

Result? Three moribund lambs in the house...feeding on the half hour through the night and not much hope of survival.

Adullamite said...

Fly, Oh that's very sad. Both for the lambs and you.

the fly in the web said...

Limited success...was able to put one lamb back with its mother and relieve the mastitis in the other ewe, so they are now out to grass each with a lamb in tow....will check both lambs at lunchtime.

As for the other two, one produced quantities of bloodstained crap in the night which I thought signalled its end...but today it is up and about and I am feeding it and the other one which is very floppy on bottles of milk - not sheep milk unfortunately, but milk made up from powdered beestings - the first milk - from cows in the hope that this will pick up their immune systems.
The one I thought I was going to lose is now bellowing for more milk and mistaking the Alsatian for its mother...Alsation hopping about in panic.
We are not out of the woods yet, but there's more hope.

Your sympathy much appreciated.

Adullamite said...

Fly, Sort of good news. Two back out with mum is good, hopefully the others will reward your hard work. Sleep comes in the morning!

Unknown said...

I bow to a master.