Saturday 7 December 2013

Truth?



This show, created by Graeme Garden and Jon Naismith, involves contestants, usually comedians, offering a short speech on an individual, and often wacky subject.  Each talk will contain five truths among the deliberate lies and the three others must identify the truths to win points.  Much harder than it appears and the programme has had a decent run.  The two instigators have produced a book on this (I'm not buying!) and the 'Daily Telegraph' for reasons of its own has published a few of these.  Try this link and the 20 questions offered.  My score was 62% and I suspect you must do better!



Also by special request a Railway Video!





.

7 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Oh, bliss!

Not only am I not ostracised but have been able to enjoy these wonderful steam locomotives in action...and in Scotland!
No more perjorative mention will be made of the Edinburgh connection ....

The snowy day made me remember the heating in those carriages....cranky under the seat radiators that could suddenly let loose a blast of heat which persuaded you that the fires of hell were a reality.

I was out shopping - an all day trip - so did not comment on your last post but wanted to let you know about Better World Books U.K. based in Dunfermline.
They have a superb collection of ex library books....have regular promotions of four books for ten quid from their bargain bin - and free postage.
I've had some gems from them and the proceeds go to extending literacy.

I shall now switch on to listen to Australia larruping England at cricket and will need to watch the video again at close of play to recover any equilibrium left to me.

Adullamite said...

No-one attempts to beat my score -chickens!

Fly, The books I have come across before but lost the link! Thanks for that! The railway in the snow I can live without! Sunny one must be found.

Kay G. said...

I scored 69%.
BEAT YA! HA!! ;-)

Kay G. said...

Oh, and I meant to tell you, if you want to see a really funny movie, watch "Liar, Liar" with Jim Carrey, you will laugh your head off.

Relax Max said...

85%. Yawn. Missed the donkey one and the related one about Princess Ann. And another one. Didn't get to the locomotive video yet. Just stopped by to gloat.

Lee said...

I'm the dunce! I only got 54%!

Adullamite said...

Kay, I bet Richard helped!!!!!

Max, You cheated, Washington style!

Lee, Tsk, I expect better from you.