Thursday 31 October 2013

No time to post...



Anything sensible....

Today was to be a quiet day.  A late rise, about seven, a bath and it's not even Sunday, a big breakfast, make lentil soup, write things on history and sleep. The bath and soup occurred, but not at the same time, and a call from the museum took away my Saturday morning, but most of the other stuff did not get done.  How come?  


'Private Eye,' did fall through the letterbox and offer me another dose of corrupt MP's, bankers, businessmen, and local Councillors, to cheer me up.  There were some aspects of Cromwell that possibly had an advantage over what is called 'democracy.'


However I did work out all my Christmas needs and began to fill out the Christmas cards already! It may be that I have spent so much time in Tesco that I have been influenced just a bit too much by them!  


The shock of the day came when my sister told me my niece (49) has decided to have a stroke. Naturally this worried me, I thought I may have to spend money travelling north for a moment!  I think however she will be OK.  It appears to be mild, if there is such a thing, and in a few days we will have a better idea of the problem.  Damage does not look to bad and she talks well enough considering.
Tsk!  The things people do to you!  

I had planned such a skillful post for tonight also, now I have forgotten it.  More rubbish to follow tomorrow!



.

3 comments:

the fly in the web said...

I do hope that all goes well for your neice.

Lee said...

I hope your niece is well on the mend and that the stroke was a mild one.

That lentil soup sounds delicious. I love lentil soup; and it's one of my favourites. I used to make it a lot once upon a time....when I had my little greengrocery-healthfood shop back in the Eighties...I always had it for sale...the soup, not the shop...hot to take away! Hot to trot!

Adullamite said...

Fly, I'm sure she will recover. Just a shock when the first niece gets the stroke before I do!

Lee, I bet your soup was better than mine....!