Wednesday 4 September 2013

Pigeon in Mist



Misty morning indicating September is around.  Hot, close, sunny afternoon and evening. Darkness closing in by eight, tiredness closing in by seven!  The pigeons often sit on the roof or anywhere high up after breakfast.  Usually they are just warming up or keeping an eye out for where others are roosting.  In the mist I suspect matey here was just attempting to find his way about.  Mist does enhance a photo, even though it may chill the fingers while taking the picture.

The bug has worn me out in recent days once again, not helped by the disruption to my routine by being at the museum.  By the time I get home and sort myself out I am way out of sorts. Today is spent putting things right, finishing the item I was writing (didn't) and cleaning the windows (didn't), cooking ratatouille (did), and any other thing needed if I can be bothered...  

Life here is no more exciting than that of the pigeon outside.....


8 comments:

Lee said...

I think you need a huge dose of lots of fresh fruit, Adullamite.

I hope by the time you read this comment of mine you are back to feeling one hundred and ten percent! Take care. :)

Adullamite said...

I've eaten a lot of fresh fruit, it keeps me on the run.

Kay G. said...

I think you need to walk up Stone Mountain!

"Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness"...Richard always quotes this when he sees mists like this, even though it's not quite Autumn yet! :-)

the fly in the web said...

Get yourself over here and help with the bullocks....that'll liven you up if the fresh fruit doesn't keep you on the run.

Adullamite said...

Kay, You trying to kill me?

Fly, I would come, but I've just remembered a previous appointment.

Unknown said...

Great shot!

Adullamite said...

Jerry, It is indeed, even though I say so myself.

Lee said...

Well, in that case, you'll save on tyre rubber for a while...you'll be using up shoe leather instead!