Tuesday 5 March 2013

6:30am Bike Ride



What a wonderful sight to see, blue sky and sunshine early in the morning!  The fact that my fingers froze so I could hardly hold the camera is of secondary concern.  The freezing mist dwelt in the folds of the hills as the sun sprung up.  The colour was a deep red but sadly my pictures cannot show just how red it was.  A bright scarlet ball rising above the trees and slowly evaporating the mists.  Being early few were about, and that is an advantage.  One or two walking dogs, who care nothing about the weather it appears, one or two grudgingly heading for work.  This early often allows folks to mutter "Morning" as they pass, although there is always a woman, with a big dog, who looks away, nose in the air, as you pass.  Does she know me....?


It is so good to be out on the bike again.  My bones are creaking like an aged barn in a gale but  being out in a part of the country does you good.  The birds flit through the trees, pairing up and preparing the nests for the soon to be new arrivals, rabbits dodge the bike, but not the farmer in the distance with his gun I noticed, and another sign Spring is close, fields are blocked of to stop gypsies arriving.  Breathe deeply the fresh morning air, change your mind when it freezes the throat, cough all the way back down the track.  Back by half past seven for fried egg sandwich  breakfast and slowly stiffening muscles.  I use the term 'muscles' in the widest possible term here.


.

5 comments:

Lee said...

I am whispering this because I don't want to scare it away...but the sun is out here today...and the sky is blue! Blue!!!!! No clouds! No precipitation!!!!

It's 8.15 am and we've not yet had any rain!!!! I've not been able to say that for quite a while!

Hush! This is a secret I share with you..please keep it to yourself! I may have spoken too soon...time will tell!

Unknown said...

FRIED EGG SANDWICH? YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adullamite said...

Lee, Come on, the sun always shines there!

Jerry, I will not take eating advice from someone who lives on the 'Elvis Diet!'

A. said...

We had mist this morning but no way did it look as beautiful as this. I looked at the forecast for tomorrow and it said "Fog fog fog fog fog". I think it's going to be foggy. It still won't look beautiful.

Adullamite said...

A, I was out on the bike early today as it will be wet here for the rest of the week and on!