Tuesday 2 October 2012

Monday Ramblings




With autumn settling in, the leaves beginning to brown and the rain making it's presence felt I thought a picture of blue sky was called for.  I took this snap on Saturday when two ancient aircraft flew over the cemetery.  They must have been heading for a show somewhere, there are still several airports within a twenty mile radius. Sadly my little camera is not capable of reaching them 2000 feet up. In the cemetery I was once again looking for Serjeant Smoothy.  I called to him several times, I suggested he raised his hand so I could see him, but no answer was the reply.  I suppose being dead since 1919 slows down the responses. 

Mine we slow when I sauntered round to the museum early to dismantle the 'Essex in Sport' exhibition, or whatever it was called.  A display commemorating all the sporting greats from the county.  This included a visit from Jimmy Greaves, a genuinely good footballer and England great.  Not from from us resides Geoff Hurst though whom England stole the World cup, for the second time, by not scoring three goals in the 1966 world cup final.  The ball never crossed that line!  Not that I am one to mention this however.  The work only took a short time, less than an hour and my contribution was complete and I was flung back out onto the street.  However being so unfit I feel the effects even now.  How easily muscle goes stiff!  

Bored?  So am I.  Nothing to write about, no rants apart from the usual,nothing sensational to lay before the world.   My brain has been dead for a few days and no original thought crosses my mind just now.  Although the 'date cakes' I made from the World War Two recipes were excellent!  And I rarely say that about anything I make.  Try it!  I should say my weight is increasing, possibly I've had too much of the Date Cake.  Anyway, Carrott cake tomorrow. 

OK, yawn with your mouth closed, I'm off to watch the football, and fall asleep.




p.s. So you don't like Bill Evans jazz music eh?  Phillistines Pah!

.

8 comments:

red dirt girl said...

My brain seems similarly dead this week. I suppose I tossed out all its dirt during the Gitmo controversy and belittling an erstwhile poet. No good deed goes unpunished. But I am having a date with my youngest son this evening in an attempt to reconnect. I'm hoping this will be a weekly thing, but right now I'm happy with one day at a time.

It's not that I don't like jazz. I just wasn't in the mood for it on Monday (which is when I tend to read your posts - a day late). I like Sunday jazz on Sunday mornings with a big bowl of porridge and a hot cup of coffee and a big newspaper to peruse.

xxx

Adullamite said...

RDG, Arguing with Max is very tiring. But be satisfied with the thought that he is ALWAYS WRONG, and relax! :) Others will confirm......:)

Unknown said...

So, slaving over a hot stove can cook your brain? No wonder we superior males domesticated females to do such work! (Yeah, it was just a matter of time before you finally got to me. Sigh.)

Relax Max said...

One of your best.

red dirt girl said...

;-)

xxx

Adullamite said...

Jerry, The girls will have read this, I am not responsible.

Max, Ta.

RDG, indeed.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I kinda figured that you would go hide after egging me on.

Adullamite said...

Jerry, Who, me?