Thursday 25 October 2012

It Suddenly Struck Me....



That I was surrounded by Autumn at its best!  Wandering through the Gardens I had to stop and stare at the world in front of me.  It was marvellous!  The colours, the leaves, bushes, tended beds, they all were just wonderful to look at this afternoon.  The picture cannot convey what I saw, nor my anxiety that someone would walk round the corner and watch me staring, you know how women get hysterical at such things.  However I really enjoyed these few minutes.  I am not sure if this was caused just by watching creation around me or whether I had been spending too much time indoors, or maybe relief the mists had cleared away, however I didn't waste time asking, I just enjoyed.

It could be that having helped out at the museum yesterday when the school kids were around I was still suffering from that.  They come into the Victorian classroom and find out what 1862 teaching was like.  They are then allowed to spend £3 in the shop on suitable and appropriate gifts.  I was only there to help out and it was enjoyable but when the shop has six or eight kids in, under a teachers control, it can easily give the impression there are three thousand of them, each accompanied by a wilderbeast!  Watching themselves wave to themselves when they found they were on CCTV was hilarious.  I am not sure how I would cope with thirty or so kids at one time.  Victorian cane or Lochgelly Tawse would be much used I reckon.

This was going to be a deeply thought out serious post but then I thought, "Forget it," and I'm watching the football instead.....


.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

After becoming all excited from the title over you finally receiving your due by being whacked by something blunt and heavy, the rest of this piece was rather disappointing. Don't worry, I will endeavor to persevere some more soon enough.

Adullamite said...

Jerry, You are heartless, and have no love of nature!

A. said...

It's the one disadvantage of living by the seaside - not so much greenery (or brownery at the moment) by way of trees and bushes. I do miss that. It wasn't until I drove my son to the airport that I noticed autumn was happening.

Adullamite said...

A, Aye not so much greenery, but lots of lovely sea.