Monday 30 July 2012

Every Silver Lining Has a Cloud.



Typical UK summer.  The sun shines brightly, the sky is blue, and a chilly wind blows the big gray clouds in front of the sun and continues right up your trouser leg.  So it was today as I rested from my paperwork trials.  I have three lots of paperwork to deal with.  Each needs info from the other, half the info is not available, none of it is easy for my wee mind to follow.  Financial stuff goes over my head, counting my change is OK, but beyond that I struggle and today my mind has been wearied much.  I managed to get two important, but incomplete, excuses into the post this afternoon, the third one is just beyond me.  Hard work in the morning for me.  

I may put the horrid word verification back on for a while.  This morning I had 19 calls from Mr Anonymous waiting for me as I looked up the email.  Several more came during the day.  His broken English was added to by broken German at one point!  If he keeps this up I might go round to Peking or Vladivostok or wherever and break something he possesses!  I also had an offer from someone attempting to get another $20 million out of their country, probably our Chancellor George Osborne.  I ignored him.

I'm off to look for a calculator.....




.

10 comments:

the fly in the web said...

I'll swap you your lot for my American army veterans getting their loot out of Afghanistan....

Kay G. said...

Hello,
I see that you are interested in clouds. If you would like, you could write for the magazine which I am representing and this will only cost you the small price of one hundred pounds sterling of your sweet English money. Please to think o f send me this right away...
HA HA Just trying to make you laugh today...this is from Georgia Girl, I am trying to be funny. It's hard to do after you watch American coverage of the Olympics!!

red dirt girl said...

I hear you about paperwork. I've my own stack I've been carefully avoiding. I fear tomorrow may be my day of reckoning!

Loved your town hall pics, by the way.

I've had a load of russian spam which I choose not to translate. I did have one anonymous sneak by the gates of the blogger spam catcher and had to delete 'anonymous' as a comment option.

I'm avoiding word verification at all costs.

xxx

Mike Smith said...

Particularly annoying are those spam emails from people trying to sell you something - like their latest book, out tomorrow and available to pre-order on Amazon...

Adullamite said...

Fly, Red tape is all.

Kay, You almost ended up in the Spam folder!! Grrr!

RDG, Paperwork must not be left, it builds up!

Mike, YOU HAVE A BOOK OUT?

Jenny Woolf said...

The phone calls sound really annoying. Do you have caller ID? trouble with that is that if it comes up Unavailable you always do think it might be premium bonds trying to contact you to say you 're their million pound winner this month. At least if you are an optimist. If you are not an optimist there is no reason to answer the calls.
I have to say it would drive me nuts.

Jenny Woolf said...

It is nicer without the word verification though.

Adullamite said...

Jenny, I'm always optimistic something will go wrong.

Jenny, Indeed.

Unknown said...

Did any of that spam actually make it as a published comment?

Adullamite said...

Jerry, Only yours.......!