Sunday 8 July 2012

Dead Sunday



Nothing to say.  The papers are full of Andy Murray, a Scotsman, being the first British tennis player in the final at Wimbledon for yonks.  The 'Daily Mail' reader hates him because he  unwisely stated he wanted the England football team to lose, as all sensible, decent Scots do.  Having been imperialists by nature they have turned against him in their usual English way by supporting his opponent.  The facts of history are ignored, and reading the 'Daily Mail' they will remain hidden from them.  Do I car? No.  Tennis means little to me, although I have watched some of it, and naturally in between the camera focusing on the 'B' celebs who must be seen there Murray has held his own reasonably well.  I suspect he will lose as Hibs folk usually do and Federer is a step above most players, not just Murray.  The rain has stopped play as it always does and the roof that cost millions to install has not yet been closed. I am amazed at the dafties who organise such events! 

So now I look for something to blog. My tired mind remains unfocused, the rain inhibits wandering about with the camera, forgetting to eat limits walking about also! The papers have nothing to say except Murray this and Murray that, although they are more interested in the celebs who watch. Meanwhile the rain keeps falling here, flooding some folks and yet parched lands are missing their share elsewhere. Climate change, disbelieved by some, affects those who look up, although preferably under a brolly today!

Does it mean the end of the world? Yes, but that could take a hundred years yet. Does it mean man has damaged the world he was meant to protect? Yes, but volcanoes and other natural events have not helped either, just ask the cows in the nearest field what they give the fresh air around them! This year has been very damp, but warm at least. I am supposed to be out in this at the walled city tomorrow, I bet it lashes down then!

.

8 comments:

Kay G. said...

Watching Andy Murray just now, when he choked up with tears and was unable to speak, made me feel thankful that there is still some geniune emotion in sports.

Unknown said...

If we could switch weather conditions for a little while, I think both of us would be a lot happier (if that is even possible for you). For we have been consistently at or over 100 degrees Fahrenheit (37.7777778 degrees Celsius)for over 2 weeks now and are over 8 inches below average for rainfall. Some areas not too far from here are well over 10 inches below average.

red dirt girl said...

Your cartoon made me laugh. I am rather blogless today as well ... can't find anything entertaining enough to post. Just cruisin' the blogs looking for inspiration.

It's grey and rainy here today, too. But the temps ?? We are definitely in summer.

xxx

Relax Max said...

I suppose you already know that Andy is the grandson of Jimmy Murray.

Adullamite said...

Kay, all sport is based on emotion, especially when you lose! :)

Jerry, Please send some of that over!

RDG, Gray & rainy? Never!

Max, Andy is a Hibby - he says, and has no relation to a winner!

soubriquet said...

That damn scotsman just lost again.....

Adullamite said...

Soub, he was British at the start....

Jenny Woolf said...

I honestly think the rain is dripping down the inside of my skull now. I'm just so sick of it. There is a bit in Dickens where this woman sits in a big mansion in the country listening to the rain fall the whole time. I'm like that except I don't live in a mansion.
Lousy about poor old Andy. I was really rooting for him and I don't usually even watch sport.