Saturday 7 April 2012

Sanity Saved, Slightly....




The blessed postman brought sanity this morning, sanity to some degree that is.  The language used by the operator on this laptop has been worse than that used by corporals discoursing on new recruits ability. The guilty party here is the speed, or the lack of it.  I suppose those who first used computers twenty years ago would have paid thousands for a laptop this fast, however we who are now spoiled by the massive improvements since that time consider this machine frustratingly slow.  And I was irked!  My neighbours noticed, I could tell by the way they avoided me....  
However I have put to good use Crucial's excellent scanner which searched my laptop and told me what RAM would fit.  This works well, and I have used Crucial happily in the past, and so today I inserted an extra 2GB of RAM, which arrived by post, and within three days, and now the speed has increased to normal!  This simple system, costing me a mere £10:79, has prevented me losing self control altogether, and allows me to work almost normally.  I of course use the word 'work' in a (very) wide sense.  Therefore I decided not to take the chainsaw to the 'self service' machine in Morrison's, you know, the who keeps telling me to insert my cash when I already have, and insists I remove my bag before she has returned my change, yes that one, I bet the bitch is divorced! Instead of offering vengeance to her I just paid attention to the football, which was rotten, all of it!  However the difference to my life when the computer does not work is difficult to describe, and new RAM has brought peace and happiness back to me, and Morrison's know about it.


I wonder if someone can install a couple of GB of Ram into me, I might have enough energy then to continue my new found happy existence?









6 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

I've often thought that a few gigs of RAM would be the answer for me too. I am glad your computer is now up to speed - what a relief.

Mike Smith said...

I could crack a gag about floppy disks but that's not my style...

A. @ Photos from France said...

I used to think Crucial could do no wrong. However they now tell me I can't expand any further, which I consider to be a terrible slur.

Adullamite said...

Jenny, GB for you or the PC.....?

Mike, Now you mention it....

A, You look slim to me A.

Unknown said...

I am shocked that no one has offered to install some more RAM in you. Of course, you probably won't like where they would want to stick it.

Adullamite said...

jerry, Someone has offered this in times past....