Wednesday 4 January 2012

Wednesday



Today life is beginning to return!  I was supposed to be at the Museum helping remove a display (Witch hunting in Essex in days of long ago.  Mind you I can see reason for bringing that back with one or two women I have met around here....) but poor wimp me did not have the strength having not eaten for a day or two.  (You are allowed to say "Awwww")  Later I was glad I stayed away as I cleaned up and threw out the rubbish and was exhausted after such effort. (All together, "Awww," oh please yourself!)  However I am on the mend and those of you asking whether my death insurance is up to date can stop planning your next sun drenched holiday, you will be going to Skegness!  How lovely eat again, how grateful I am to have life!  Funny how such a small pestilence can be so destructive, and it makes me wonder how others who suffer real disease and pain, and often for a long time at that, endure?  That is why the picture, taken yesterday in between howling gusts of rain, is above.  The blue sky, even with a tree yet to bare new leaves, still speaks of life!  Bright blue sky, sunshine and warmth can make even the most run down area (and people) look brighter. Daylight creates a better atmosphere in any workplace, although some folks like to hide away in the dark, especially those who are not too keen on actual work!  I love the sunshine and this morning, just as I rose, bright and early about seven thirty, from my pallet, I noted the sky brighter than for a day or two and soon a deep pink was rising.  Naturally it soon turned dull and dreich.  However the days are getting longer, the nights shorter, Spring is springing and the confused weather will bring long sunny days to this dark part of the world, especially if global warming increases!


Tsk!  I note there is another football match waiting to be watched tonight.  Is there no end of these I ask?  OK! If you insist I will put myself out and try and watch this one also. As there is the usual collection of cooking programmes, films, dross and surprisingly no soap operas tonight I think the football will provide a better end to the day don't you?  Of course you do.....yes you do!  


.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

No shared winning lottery ticket--no awwwws. Sorry, but it's a dog eat dog world out here.

Adullamite said...

Jerry, You eat dogs? I thought that was Korea?

Relax Max said...

A wonderful picture. Of a stately tree, a blue sky and a bewitching daytime moon.

Who are you backing for the college national championship football game next week? LSU or Alabama?

Monday at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in beautiful downtown New Orleans. Be there. Roll, Tide.

Adullamite said...

max, I looked that one up but found it wasn't actually football. This appears to be a scam misusing the name 'football' and inserting some schoolboy get together. I have informed the authorities.