Thursday 11 August 2011

Our Dave is Back!

.
More here from the Daily Mail

Our 'Dave' is back, showing leadership in bringing an end to the riots and to all the looting and thieving!


However back in the real world rain has fallen all over the nation.  This of course has put a dampener on the activities of riot type folks and indeed to most of the rest of us. The people of Britain respond to this type of weather with the usual comments: 

"Why is it wet?"   
"Where is the sunshine?"
"I remember when the sun shone in summer."
Why can we not have some good weather for a change?"
"It's Global Warming!"


In fact the reply is simple, this is the British Isles, and with the Atlantic Ocean to our left and warm and cool air making their way from the Americas towards us minute by minute this causes rain and wind to arrive in summertime. For the most part it arrives daily.  My mother was 94 when she passed away and she was still puzzled as to how it could rain in summertime!  I want a long hot summer, but the last was in 1976 and then people complained it was too hot! " 'Drought' was the cry, and how terrible this is!"  The pubs were full mind. 

This is typical British weather.  The worst effect is in the north and the west, and the best is in the south east of England. As I look out at the damp streets and watch the drizzle saturating everything I remind myself that this is the driest county of them all and not long ago farmers were moaning about lack of rain.  Tsk! For myself I cannot abide folks who spend their time moaning.  Either do something about it or shut it I say! Tsk!
    



.

3 comments:

Relax Max said...

I would love your weather. I don't know why everyone seems to complain there.

Name 3 things wrong with your PM. See? You can't. So, Tsk.

You guys REALLY need to find him a place to do press conferences indoors, though. It's always raining there.

Unknown said...

I'm with Max on that! For hot weather is very hard on those who are twice what they should be, and since it rarely gets really cold there, you wouldn't here us complain a bit. Well, at least not about the weather.

Adullamite said...

Max, Please take our weather!
As for three things wrong with the lying, hypocritical, duplicitous, chancing, PR stuntman, no I canny!

Fish, Typical! Rebels sticking together!