Wednesday 28 July 2010

Worn Out

.




Twice this week I have cycled out to a nearby warehouse to help clear up the mess they are in. For a mere two hours, yes two hours a day I have wandered around flattening cardboard boxes and generally tidying the place up. This is a company that has dropped a number of staff yet found itself getting busier. This means the warehouse, actually well organised but in a mess through sheer industry, is creating a H&S problem, and a sheer practicable one for the pickers and packers as they wade thought fallen boxes, some full many empty, to fulfil their tasks. Therefore the cheap option is to bring in someone aged, desperate for a few hours work, and willing to happily wander around flattening the boxes and moving it in the huge bins provided. So twice I have spent two hours doing this, and now, after four hours work I cannot move anything anymore without aching everywhere! Not working, lacking exercise, and being as fit as a ten day old corpse, has revealed me to be less fit than even I thought. I stretch, I hot bath, and just await the girl from the Cambodian all night tanning salon to come around and massage my knees back into their proper place. However, the tiredness I feel, what some dafties call 'good tiredness' is hanging over me and I may not be able to stay aw...


.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Graham I don't know about a tanning salon. Try a nice healthy Thai massage.........

Martyn said...

Graham think of the money and the energy will come....ditto with the Cambodian girl.

Anonymous said...

The fatigue will soon pass, mate. Soon you'll be fit as a fiddle with all that exercise!

Adullamite said...

Never trust girls, Thai or otherwise.

Energy, fit, no.....