Friday 14 August 2009

Agitated



Early this week all was good. The last 48 hours have left me agitated and 'gun toting!' This really annoys me! I start by wanting to do the best and a thought, a song, or just too much coffee enters in and "I DON'T CARE ANY MORE" about anything and find myself allowing people to notice this, usually when I throw a supermarket trolley at them. This is not what I want but it leaks out before I am aware of it. This annoys me, being annoyed. Then, when annoyed at my annoyance I allow my annoyance to annoy me and that annoys me more!
I'm annoyed now.

Once more I have spent the day scanning pictures of KOSB's from the past. I find myself beginning to identify with these men, becoming part of their group, a comrade with them. That surely is the most important part of any army unit, the comradeship! Pictures of the march from Poona made me sweat in the hot sun, and I swear, just like they were wearing those packs, that this have given me blisters on my feet. This picture however brought to mind the old, somewhat sarcastic, cry of "Why should Britain fear?"


Because this is what is defending you in 1930 folks, that's why!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

1930?

Strawberry Girl said...

Brings to mind the guy in his boxershorts figting in Iraq or Afganistan (I am not sure which), he stood at duty man, he defended his unit! Yes he looked odd but he was fighting! Who knows what the allusion to this picture is, yet even in oddity there is dignity in a man ready to fight for the safety of others.

SG